Pineapple Corned Beef or Pickled Pork – Meat Cure 525 grams – Free EXPRESS Shipping
- This is a curing compound for the production of corned beef etc, complete with blended ingredients – nothing but meat, salt and water is needed.
- Flavoured with a hint of pineapple for taste.
- A professional cure, with fine flavour development and excellent preservation.
- One pack of cure will make up to 45 Litres of Brine, but you can also halve or quarter it – use the desired amount and seal the bag for later.
- Use a food-safe stainless or plastic bucket or tub for the brine mix
- For a full pack, mix cure with 45 Litres of COLD water, stir well until fully dissolved (you can cut this back to 1/4 – 1/2 pack).
- Add 4.5 Kg of salt per pack and stir to dissolve.
- Using a brine pump and needle, or marinade injector, inject the brine into the meat repeatedly, this makes sure the cure is evenly dispersed.
- Place the meat into the remaining brine – and soak (refrigerated) for 2 days.
- After use – dispose of the brine thoughtfully – makes a great weedkiller!
Place meat in a large saucepan, and add enough water to cover, bring to the boil. Add some onion, celery, carrot, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, and 1 tsp salt (or to taste). Simmer, partially covered, over medium heat for 1.5 – 2 hours until meat is tender or you reach an internal temperature of 71C when measured with an internal probe thermometer.