600g Lamb rump trimmed
2 TBS Soy sauce + extra for drizzling
2 cloves Garlic – crushed
1/2 tsp Sesame oil
1/2 tsp Chilli flakes + extra to serve
1 Cup brown rice
1 green Capsicum – diced to 1 cm pieces
250g Cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 Avocado – 1.5 cm diced or sliced
2 Spring onions – finely sliced + extra to serve
1/2 cup chopped Coriander
Juice of 1 Lemon
Lemon wedges to serve
- Combine soy, garlic, sesame oil and chilli flakes in a bowl large enough to hold the lamb. Coat the lamb thoroughly with the marinade and marinate for at least 1 hour – or overnight if possible.
- Wash the rice and cook according to the packet instructions.
- When ready to cook – preheat a BBQ for 10 minutes; or get it to temperature (if using charcoal). Using a probe or meat thermometer; cook until the internal temperature reaches 55C. Transfer the lamb to a plate and cover with foil to rest for around 10-15 minutes; then slice into 2 cm pieces.
- Place the rice into a large bowl and add Capsicum, Tomato, Avocado, Spring onion and Coriander. Drizzle with the Lemon juice and 1-2 teaspoons of Soy sauce. Stir gently and divide into the serving bowls..
- Top the bowls with the lamb, sprinkle with the extra Spring onion and Chilli flakes and serve with Lemon wedges on the side.